An annotated bibliography from the perspective of a group of queer women who encounter Freud and the “female homosexual.” Compiled and annotated by Harriet Mossop.
- Selected annotated texts:
- Three Essays on Sexuality (1905) – Sigmund Freud
- The Psychogenesis of a Case of Female Homosexuality (1920) – Sigmund Freud
- New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis: Lecture XXXIII Femininity (1933) – Sigmund Freud
- Klein: The Phantasy that Anatomy is Destiny (1993) – Noreen O’Connor & Joanna Ryan
- Family Romances and Sexual Solutions (1997) – Beverly Burch
- The Primary Maternal Oedipal Situation and Female Homoerotic Desire (2002) – Dianne Elise
- Assaults and Harassments (1997) – Maggie Magee & Diana C. Miller
- The Hiding and Revelation of Sexual Desire in Lesbians (2000) – Dr. Susan C. Vaughan
- Queer reflections and silences
Download here for digital reading.
Harriet Mossop is a postgraduate researcher in the department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies at the University of Essex, working on queer female sexuality in psychoanalysis. She founded the “Other Women” reading group at Stillpoint Spaces in 2019, and is a member of the Queer Analytic Circle. She is based in London, where she also works part-time for the accounting regulator, focusing on accounting for climate change and the climate transition.